The Department of Epidemiology and Training aims to provide timely and relevant epidemiological data through field epidemiology, research and training to support MSF interventions.
The department aims to enhance its portfolio with focus on outbreaks, situations of conflict, populations facing diseases such as tuberculosis, HIV/AIDS, and new issues and challenges, particularly in terms of environmental health and emerging diseases. At the same time, it must consolidate its relations with MSF and with other actors in the countries where the NGO runs its programs. The objectives defined for the coming years are :
- Improve its ability to assess health situations in contexts with difficult access for humanitarian teams
- Conduct relevant research within MSF programs able to guide best medical and operational practice
- Develop training programs tailored to the needs of MSF
- Develop technical skills to meet MSF's emerging needs
- To develop a culture of collective learning, critical review and sharing of knowledge and experience
- Improve responsiveness and speed of response to questions from MSF operations and other humanitarian organizations