Epicentre conducts field epidemiology activities, research projects and training in support of Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) goal of providing medical aid in areas where people are affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or otherwise have poor or non-existent access to health care.
.In this context, Epicentre’s activities aim to support MSF's interventions in humanitarian context to:
- evaluate the health of the population and contribute to defining the priorities for action;
- analyse the contexts of interventions through field epidemiological activities such as population surveys, surveillance, and investigation of epidemics;
- support innovation related to prevention, medical care in the field, strategies and medical policy through research projects and clinical trials;
- do research and provide field-based evidence to strengthen MSF’s advocacy position promoting access to effective and quality care; and to
- train MSF staff, other professionals, actors and decision-makers in the health sector for an effective response in complex situations.